What To Do
At our Stella Maris Resort you could just laze your time away laying in the sand, under our near-constant sunshine. But, you should really also engage in some of the wonderful island adventures!
Go dive onto our gorgeous reefs … and we can teach you how to. Snorkel across our sparkling sea gardens. Kayak through miles of mangrove channels. Sail along our picturesque lee shore. Explore our surroundings, and some 80 miles of unspoiled Long Island…on foot, by bike, or rental car. See pirate caves, plantation ruins, the world’s deepest blue hole, some twenty quaint island towns. Watch our island’s wild flamingos, see the rare whistling ducks fly by, and with great ease you can even witness our local sea hawks raise their young from right across our hotel garden!
If staying on land is not enough adventure than take to the air! Let us fly you to the Swimming Pigs of Staniel Cay, with its Blue James Bond Grotto, or to the famous Hermitage of Cat Island, the historic Columbus Landings of San Salvador, the Salt Salinas of Inagua. In fact, we’ll fly you to any of the boundless attractions of our many islands! Back to the water: Just charter your boat-eco-tour to nearby Sandy Cay, home to the wild iguanas, and a gorgeous backdrop to the makings of Pirates of the Caribbean and Dead Man’s Chest. Or to any other of the almost countless nearby Exuma Islands.
Go ahead and book some of your must-do’s with us now … our adventures are waiting for you!
20 Must Do’s – while being on Long Island – do not leave without experiencing them:
- Famous Cape Santa Maria Beach
- Columbus Monument
- Kayaking and Turtle Viewing at Newton Cay
- Bike Trip to Love Beach
- Walking Tour of Adderley’s Plantation
- Manatee Visit at Stella Maris Marina
- Eco Boat Tour to Sandy Cay
- Photo Memory of Colonial Simms Prison
- Snorkelling to the Curly Tail Iguanas of Guana Cay
- Long Island Museum in Deadman’s Cay
- “Iron”, “Missy”, “Villager”, the Hawk, Goat, and Manatee of Seaside Village
- Cartwright’s Indian Cave of Deadman’s Cay
- World’s Deepest “Dean’s” Blue Hole
- Picturesque Clarence Town Harbour
- Climbing Steeple of “St. Peter & Paul” Catholic Church
- Snorkelling in Turtle Cove
- Fresh Conch Salad at Max’s Conch Bar
- Bahamian Straw Works Souvenirs (various shops along main road)
- Paddle Boarding in the Mangroves
- Suzi’s “Moonshine Special” at our Beach Bar