Would you like to put a bit of adventure back into your vacation life? Are you a diver already or would you wish to learn how to? With your dive buddy or spouse, or with the kids? Or come as a dive group? The Stella Maris facilities and service and our surrounding ocean will ensure your full enjoyment.
We offer: Instructions, Guided Dive Day and Night Trips, Dive & Stay Packages, Group Overnight Dive Cruises.
Our overall dive modus and day-to-day planning strive to respond to participants’ preferences. Our diving typically serves individual divers (singles, couples, families, small groups) and does not cater to massive numbers of participants. Therefore, ability levels and participants’ dive site preferences can be very flexibly accommodated.
Here is a brief overview of our local dive sites:
- Day and night diving along our calm lee-side as well as along the more adventurous Atlantic North-East shore (depths 30 to 100’, coral heads, reefs, walls)
- The world’s first developed and still naturally unchanged Stella Maris Shark Reef
- The “Comberbach” freighter: an ideal 100’ maximum depth wreck dive
- “Conception Island” Wall: from 45’ to ‘bottomless’, unmatched anywhere for its beauty and reef life
- “Dean’s Blue Hole”: deepest known blue hole of the world
Glance over some of our dive highlights:
- Leeside, in just 30ft depths/30 minutes out
- You will see: Bahama Grey Tip Reef Sharks (usually a dozen or more), an occasional Bull Shark – Nurse Shark – Hammerhead…mingling with Grouper – Rock Fish – Rays – All Types of Reef Fish
- Easy Diving! No special abilities required. Dive procedures are tightly directed and monitored. Be amazed by this dive’s amazing viewing and photo/video opportunities
“Comberbach” Freighter Wreck:
- Leeside, on exactly 100ft bottom
- A 100ft-length, dive prepared metal freighter, allowing through diving
- Wreck has beautifully aged, with coral and sponge growth and prolific underwater life
Conception Island Wall:
- A protected Bahamian Land/Water Park, 13 miles east
- From 45ft to ‘bottomless’
- Amazing beauty, in 100% pristine conditions…huge interconnecting coral heads, abundant underwater life – with almost guaranteed appearances of turtles, rays, sharks, and the occasional, big, pelagic specimen
“Dean’s” Blue Hole:
- From Land Dive: 45 miles south
- Diameter 250ft
- Depth 663ft
- Underwater Life: limited – but interesting encounters with larger species can occur (turtles, sharks, dolphin)
- Experience level required: normal – but maximum dive depth will be rigidly upheld
- A great break from boat diving, in a gorgeous scenic setting, usually incorporating some island site seeing.