If traveling the Central Bahamas or cruising further South, the full-service Stella Maris Marina and the Stella Maris Resort Club & Airport can be your ideal headquarter for any short or long-term boating and leisure needs.
Facts and Overview:
- Marina Coordinates: 23° 33.3′N / 75° 16.4′W Coordinates of approach channel marker/buoy: 23° 33.1′N / 75° 18.2′W
- Approach: 5’ low tide and 7’ high tide
- Marina Basin: 6 ½’ low tide and 9’ high tide
- Dockage Rates: Please refer to Marina Website: www.stellamarismarina.com
- Banking: A Scotia Bank with ATM machine is located on the main road 200ft south of the marina. Opening hours: Mon. to Thurs.: 9:30 to 3:00, Fri.: 9:30 to 4:30
- Post Office: is located in Simms, opening times Mon. thru Fri. 9:00 to 5:00. FedEx and DHL express mail service are also available on the island; please ask the marina office for details.
- Internet Access: Internet access is available at the Driftwood Café. Access is free for all marina customers. Wireless internet access is also available at the hotel, a private laptop is required. Usage is free of charge for hotel and marina guests.
- Telephone: A pay phone (Batelco phone cards available at the hotel front desk) is situated at the entrance to the marina.
- Drinking water: Drinking water (in normal container quantity) is available free of charge.
- Potable Water: The tap water at the marina is good quality rain water. Although normal usage is included in the dockage fee, we kindly ask you to use it sparingly and avoid running hoses as all water has to be trucked to the marina.
- Transportation: The resort offers courtesy pick up to the hotel for dinner guests. Taxis can be requested via VHF channel 16, just call “any Stella Maris Taxi”, or via the hotel. Or also via telephone.
- Rental Cars: Can be arranged via the marina office.
- Shower Facilities: Showers are available at the Driftwood Café
- Laundry: A coin Laundromat is located across the street, full laundry service also available.
- Supermarket / Liquor Store: Nearest liquor store about 1 mile north of the marina. Small supermarket and liquor store at the fuel station about 1.5 miles south. Two convenience stores located in Burnt Ground (about 5 miles north). Two large supermarkets located in Salt Pond, about 18 miles south.
- Provisions Available: Exxon Gasoline and Diesel Fuels, lubricants, marine parts and supplies
- Also Headquartered Here: Driftwood Café (Bar & Restaurant) – Stella Maris Water Sports